"Spending $10 going out every single day really adds up. I don’t really need to eat out so much—it would be better to put the money into savings."
If you're not the most experienced cook, don't worry! Resources abound to help you save money by preparing food yourself. Here are some Web sites and cookbooks to get you started.
- Good Eats Website: Includes a section on getting ready to cook; recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and information on nutrition, references, and additional resources.
- Minnesota State University Recipe Website: Provides easy, cheap, and tasty recipes for the busy college student.
- The College Student's Guide To Eating Well On Campus, by Ann Selkowitz Litt
- Fighting the Freshman Fifteen: How to Lose Weight in College-Or Better Yet, Never Put It On, by Caitlin Murphy
- The Healthy College Cookbook: Quick. Cheap. Easy., by Alexandra Nimetz
- Cooking Outside the Pizza Box: Easy Recipes for Today's College Student, by Jean Patterson
Learn how to find scholarships every year you're in college here.