Looking at other perks
Paid time off, health insurance, and retirement plans are standard benefits provided by many companies. In addition, your job offer may include other perks of value to you:
- Company discounts: Your employer may extend certain discounts as an incentive to employees. You may qualify for reduced prices on company products or those offered by partner programs.
- Transportation passes: Some employers offer monthly bus or light rail passes as an added perk. The passes may be free or sold at a substantial discount.
- Concierge services: Concierge services provide employees with assistance completing daily tasks. They may help save you time by arranging transportation, planning vacations, or ordering entertainment tickets.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some companies offer tuition reimbursement as a way to keep qualified employees. Through these programs, your employer reimburses you for some or all of your approved education expenses.
- Training or professional development: Some companies will help you to develop professional goals and then pay for you to attend classes, workshops or conferences in order to gain or improve skills.